Monday, December 21, 2009

Fashion Inspiration: The Supremes




I know that Christmas isn't even over yet, but I'm already looking forward to New Year's Eve.  I don't have any plans for the evening, but, regardless, I've already started thinking about my outfit.  Because that's what really matters, right?



I've got a thing for girls bands (and I don't mean the Spice Girls).  I'm talking about the many groups that popped up in the 50s and 60s, with songs about crushes and heartbreak and subtle synchronized dances to match.  I love the catchy hits produced by the Shangri-Las, the Ronettes and every other group just the same, but the group that sticks out particularly in my mind is the Supremes.  And this is entirely because of their costumes.  Sequins, heavy beading, ruffles, bows... otherwise known as everything that I love.  I know Diana Ross is kind of creepy looking, but she is also the most glamorous woman alive.  And that cancels out how much she resembles this individual.



This was a long way of getting around to the fact that their look is everything I want to achieve on New Year's Eve.  Heavy eyeliner, gaudy earrings and all.  I'm pretty sure that the Rodarte for Target baby blue swiss dot dress would be the perfect way to embody Diana Ross for the upcoming holiday, but I haven't been able to find it in stores yet.  I'm fairly sure that my sneaky boyfriend got it for me for Christmas, though, so now all I need is some back-up singers to make my girl group dreams come true.



What are you all doing for New Year's Eve?  And, more importantly, what are you wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment