Sunday, December 20, 2009

Daily Wear 12/20: Festivus Party




12/19/09
IMG_8435
IMG_8442
12/19/09
dress: thrifted, belt: f21, tights: jc penney, flats: target

Last night I went to a Festivus party, and except for a vague connection I made in my mind to Seinfeld, I really had no idea what that meant. My lack of Festivus knowledge didn't end up mattering, though, because after a few drinks, it seemed like the only tradition followed was the airing of grievances. There were talks of lifting a car as a feat of strength, but no one followed through on that.

I wasn't sure what to wear to a Festivus party, but after seeing calivintage's Festivus titled post (with that peplum cardigan! ah!), I was inspired to dress in traditional festive colors. I didn't have anything red that was just right, so I pulled this green brocade (that's what it's called, right?) dress out of the back of my closet, where it's been for a long time. I thrifted this dress in high school and then never wore it out of the house. I have a lot of dresses like that - I buy them because they are pretty, and then I never wear them again because I can't find the right occasion. I've decided, though, that I'm going to make a conscious effort to make occasions for these dresses. They deserve to get some fresh air, even if it's only on the way to class. (They also deserve to be ironed, but obviously I'm too lazy for that.)

I've got lots of errands to run today. I'm hoping some of them lead me to Target, so I can drool over these Rodarte pieces in person.








I have no money (Christmas shopping cleaned me out), but I usually tend to find some in situations like this.  :)

Oh, and before I go and make bad decisions,  I wanted to let you know that I started a Chictopia account.  I was putting it off for awhile because I really hate change, but now I'm glad I gave in.  I'm still not completely sure what I'm doing though, so any help would be greatly appreciated!  Hope you're all having great Sundays, and I'll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment