Friday, December 18, 2009

Daily Wear 12/18: Dinner Date



After editing my senior paper, grading a last stack of papers and an obligatory trip to Disneyland with my brother (don't even get me started on how much I hate Disneyland this time of year), I'm done! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to write that, and for awhile there, I certainly didn't think I'd be writing it on here.  Thank you for all of your super sweet comments and encouraging words on my last two posts.  They were exactly what I needed to get over that last hurdle.  And just to clarify, this wasn't my last semester of college.  It was only my last fall semester.  I just like to countdown every single last that I can to make myself feel better.  :)

Now that I'm on break for five weeks (!!!!!!!), I can't wait to lay around for entire days and read what I want without feeling guilty.  I've also got a roadtrip and quite a bit of crafts planned, and I plan to keep writing through all of it.  Just to show you how committed I am, here's an outfit for you:

12/18/09
IMG_8361
IMG_8368
12/18/09
shirt: american rag from macy's, skirt: f21, tights: target, flats: old navy, bracelet: great grandma's

Tonight, I'm going out to dinner and then to a going away party later. A year ago, my boyfriend and I went on our first date, and we're getting sushi at the same restaurant tonight to celebrate. There's really no need to dress up, but I took the opportunity to do so anyway. I was wearing black skinny jeans earlier today, but I switched into this fitted skirt and sheer tights to make the outfit a little more fancy. I'm also wearing a bracelet passed down to me by my mom; it used to be my great grandma's. I've managed to get a lot of her old costume jewelry, despite my sister's best efforts to sneak some of it away. I hardly wear this bracelet because I'm so scared it'll fall apart, but I figured that tonight was a worthy occasion.

Again, thank you so much for reading and leaving me lovely comments. I promise to keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment