Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Daily Wear 12/23: Denim Jacket



12/23/09

jacket: rodarte for target, top: thrifted, pants: american rag at macy's, flats: target, brooch: great grandma

You see that extremely happy/ slightly goofy look on my face in this picture?  That's entirely due to the jacket I'm wearing.  My boyfriend stuck with me through the emotional roller coaster that was Sunday: ecstasy when I first discovered the jacket of my dreams, depression when it was sold out on Target's website.  And instead of being freaked out by my emotional attachment to clothing, he went out and bought me the jacket (and the baby blue dress!) as early Christmas presents.  So I guess I'm pretty happy about him too.

IMG_8549
12/23/09
IMG_8544

As soon as he gave it to me (well, after I squealed and jumped around for a bit), I started planning outfits with the jacket in my head.  I really liked the styling with the bow top in the Rodarte for Target advertisements, so I pulled out this blouse that I thrifted in Florida over a year ago.  Like the dress in my Festivus post, I have hardly worn it because, with big puffy sleeves and a bow, it always seemed too fancy for school.  But, continuing my new tradition, I'm making occasions for special clothes, and I think the shirt is casual enough for everyday wear with this jacket to balance it out.  Oh, and my legging jeans, which I am still finding difficult to take off.  The brooch is another piece passed down from my great grandma.  My little sister particularly had her eyes set on this one, so I'm trying to wear it more to justify never giving it to her.  I think it was the perfect little addition to this outfit.

I'm done with all of my shopping and wrapping, so I'm going home to my parents' house finally.  I plan to watch a lot of reality television and snoop around for hidden presents with my little sister.  I hope you all are having wonderful holidays! Happy Festivus!

No comments:

Post a Comment