Friday, November 13, 2009

Daily Wear 11/12 Pt. 2: Birthday Party!



IMG_7938
decorations made by my roommate


Last night was a success.  So much so that I'm still feeling the effects of it and will probably go back to sleep as soon as I finish posting this.  But I wanted to show you my outfit before this weekend takes over, and I forget all about it.  I've got a hike planned, papers to grade, and a lot of research to do, and right now I'm planning on depriving myself of the internet (and reading blogs! :( !) until I get all of my work done.  We'll see how that works out.  So, here's my birthday dress (or one of them, as I have no self-control).

11/12/09 Pt.2
headband: red, dress: red, tights: target: shoes: old navy

I got it (and the other two) at Red Apparel, which is a clothing store in Long Beach.  It's close proximity to Target, which I usually visit once a week, makes it a constant temptation that I obviously don't need.  They have a lot of the same stuff as ModCloth but for usually half the price.  It's kind of heaven.  Anyway, I tried this dress on, and I immediately knew I wanted to wear it to my birthday party (though I'm not even sure if I had one planned at that point).  I love the collar and the way the skirt moves.  It would be perfect for dancing if I was into that kind of thing.  I got the beaded headband at Red too, and I wore a pair of black flats with pretty cut-outs instead of my normal pair with holes in the heels.  They weren't exactly fancy, but I didn't wear shoes for most of the night anyway.

IMG_7920

IMG_7932

This evening will be much more low key, as I can't handle that much excitement.  I have plans to read Faulkner and Carver short stories for class, and a night filled with dreams of this beauty by Rodarte for Target will follow.



I haven't been able to stop thinking about this dress since I saw it in December's Glamour.  Soon (hopefully!), it will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment